At our house, Friday night is pizza and movie night. i'm not sure when this tradition started, but it is something the kids look forward to every Friday. In the past, i have always made my pizza from scratch. However, when my boy started taking karate on Friday nights it made dinner time a little more hectic. Karate is at 4pm, so i pick the kids up from school, unload backpacks and head straight to Floyd (30 min. away) for karate. By the time we get home, it is past dinner time and depending on the day, i am often too tired to make a pizza entirely from scratch. On those days i sometimes find myself reaching for frozen pizza (gasp!) or pre-made pizza crusts.
The crust was very easy to roll out and press into the pan. We pre-baked it for 8 min. for a regular crust, but there are directions on the package for different crust types. Then we topped it with delicious fresh ingredients right from our garden!
First, i put down a thin layer of homemade pizza sauce and topped it with mozzarella cheese. Then i added caramelized onions, fresh tomato, green and red peppers. We also added some sliced portabellas, black olives, some of my homemade goat cheese and fresh basil.
As silly as it sounds, i'm not usually a fan of square pizza, but i admit it made it very easy to do half and half. The kids don't always like all the extra ingredients, and so their half is only mushroom and olive. Okay, so it's true square pizza really does taste the same as round. :)
The crust was actually very good. The whole family loved it! i loved that it was quick and convenient, but also contained whole grains rather than just white flour. The main ingredient listed on the package is whole wheat.
- 16 grams of whole grain per serving.
- Now available in the refrigerated section of your local grocery store
Want to try it now? You can download a printable coupon for $1.25 off one package of New Pillsbury Artisan Pizza Crust with Whole Grain.
Win It! One of my lucky blog readers will win a Pillsbury pizza gift pack!
- Your gift pack will contain:
- VIP coupon for New Pillsbury Artisan Pizza Crust with Whole Grain
- $10 gift card (for your favorite ingredients)
- Baking sheet
- Oven mitt
- Pizza cutter
Leave a separate comment for each entry you complete and be sure and include your email so i can contact you if you win!!
2. 'Like' Pillsbury on Facebook! Leave a comment with your FB name.
3. Follow Pillsbury on twitter! Leave a comment with your twitter ID.
4. Visit the Pillsbury website and let me know which Artisan Pizza recipe looks the best!
5. Subscribe to my blog via email or RSS and leave a comment letting me know you did!
6. follow my blog via GFC! Leave a comment letting me know you do!
7. be a fan of my page on Facebook. Leave a comment with your FB name!!
8. Share the giveaway post on FB or twitter. Leave a link to the post in your comment! (can be done daily)
Disclosure: The product, gift pack, information, and additional sample have been provided by Pillsbury through MyBlogSpark. The opinions on this post are my own.